Family Engagement Specialist:
College Academy for Parents & Students (CAPS)
Sign Up at
Classes begin February 2020!
– Annual Parent Conference
The Next Annual Meeting will be held in November 2019 please call (928) 674-9108
Parent/Student Handbook — Page 13
A. Parent / Family Involvement
Parent involvement is critical to a child’s education. Your child tends to be more involved with his or her own education when parents are involved. Since parents are truly children’s first and most influential teacher, the school needs to build on this concept. The school encourages open communication between parents and school personnel. In addition to the regularly scheduled parent teacher conferences, parents are encouraged to communicate with their child and teacher(s).
Parents are encouraged to review student’s homework each night and ensure that the student is well rested and prepared for school the next day.
We welcome parents as volunteers. You may contact the Parent-coordinator for information on volunteering. For your information, parent volunteers must obtain fingerprinting through our district office an must be Governing Board approved before being allowed to participate in the volunteer program.
B. PARENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Parents have the right to be informed of their minor child’s academic performance and social behavior.
2. Parents have the right to be informed of school regulations.
3. Parents have the right to visit the school.
4. Parents have the right to expect that the school will fulfill its responsibility for the educational, social, and general welfare of their child.
5. Parents have the right to expect courtesy from all school district employees.
6. Parents have the right to check out their child from school when they feel it is in the best interest of their child.
Parents Responsibilities and Duties of:
1. To encourage, help guide their children in following all school rules and regulations.
2. Parents have the responsibility to cooperate and be courteous with school officials in resolving problem situations involving their child.
3. To participate in the school’s Parent Teacher Conference and school activities.
4. Schedule Daily homework time, review it regularly, & discuss what my child has learned.
5. Encouraging my child to read.
6. Keep in contact with the school by school visits, phone calls, letters, and attendance at Parent Teacher Conferences and school activities.
7. Maintain high expectations of my child by praising his/her achievement at school; providing a warm, caring home; emphasizing school; and encouraging academic success.
8. make sure my child is in school everyday.
9. Encourage my child to be responsible for his/her actions .
10. Keep my child’s school records up-to-date.
– Parent Teacher Organization
While all parents are expected to be involved in their children’s education, some parents may wish to volunteer their time to more structured organizations. Each school site operates a parent teacher organization where parents may participate in fundraising and other school activities. Additionally, parents may provide formal feedback on school programs. Information about these and other organization s will be provided at the beginning of each school year, or contact your parent coordinator for more information
Indian Education Committee
Parent Advisory Committee
– PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parents that are interested in Volunteering must have a Fingerprint Clearance Card
Fingerprinting can be done at the Human Resources Chinle District Office please take MONEY ORDER of $ 67.00 (6year card) or $20.00 (1 year card). **Volunteering opportunities listing at bottom of page**
Long- Term Volunteers need to board approval
– Box Tops
Please Collect and turn in box tops to classroom teachers or Box Tops Box (in office)
– Coke Rewards
Please Collect and turn in Coke Rewards to classroom teacher of Coke rewards jug (in office)
– Annual Parent Conference
__CALL FOR PROPOSAL__
Our Next Annual Meeting will be held in October 2020 please call (928) 674-9108