School Social Services
Assist in preventing social, emotional and behavioral factors from affecting a student’s ability to perform to his or her best ability in receiving quality education.
Chinle Unified School District-Exceptional Student Services (C.U.S.D.-E.S.S.) Social Services is to deliver effective assessment, prevention, and intervention services for students and to promote positive relationships between families, schools, and communities to ensure the academic and social-emotional success of exceptional students.
The mission of C.U.S.D.-E.S.S. Social Services is to ensure that all students have the appropriate support, services, and resources necessary to achieve education and social-emotional success at school, home, and within their communities. C.U.S.D.-E.S.S Social Workers will:
- Provide practice evidence base, effective and culturally proficient interventions and services that are specific to student and school needs;
- Support the development of safe, positive, and caring school environments that promote student learning and well-being;
- Work collaboratively to eliminate achievement disparities;
- Cultivate engaged relationships between students, educational staff faculty, families, and community participates;
- Assist families and students locate necessary resources and maneuver school and community services;
- Home visitation to assess the living condition and environment to assure the best interest of the student;
- Provide Individuals and Group Counseling services to address the immediate situation and often conduct mediation with the school faculty;
- Develop partnership with the local resources and community agencies; and
- Lead prevention and awareness in alcohol/drug abuse, truancy, school/cyber bullying and child abuse/neglect.