CJHS AZ Merit Testing Schedule:
Parents, Guardians and Community members:
We are in need of your help. We are actively seeking your input and opinion on our school operations and daily delivery of educational service to your child. Please help us by taking the survey below:
Assist us with planning for the FY20 school year for the Johnson O’Malley program, please complete the survey at the link below. The survey should take about 4-8 minutes of your time to complete. Thank you.
Download and print the CJHS Monthly Calendar! It lists parenting classes, sporting events, and Sunday evening conversation starters.
Have some time on your hands? We would love to have you volunteer at Chinle Junior HIgh School. We have several opportunities for you to assist us, please give Ms. Sophie a call at 928.674.9442.
Come Volunteer TODAY!!
Family Engagement events are up and going! Call Ms. Sophie at (928).674.9422 for the latest.
What’s happening with and for parents at Chinle Junior High School?
A) CJHS Parent Teacher Conferences: We host four separate days of parent teacher conferences. They happen once per quarter. Time is 5:00 – 7:00 pm. The days are:
September 5, 2018
November 14, 2018
February 6, 2019
April 17, 2019
Here are some questions to ask
1. What do you see as my child’s strengths?
2. What is a challenge for my child?
3. What would you do if my child were struggling academically?
4. Is my child on grade level for reading? What about math, science and writing?
5. How does the school handle testing and prep for the tests?
6. Can we talk more about your homework policy and how my child is doing with homework?
7. What can I do at home to support what you’re doing in the classroom?
Parents/Guardians with their Bobcat at Parent Teacher Conference in Fall 2018.
B) Parenting Workshops & Classes: We are currently hosting the “Families Journey to Harmony” Parenting Series. This is a traditional Navajo teachings presented with a framework of Healthy Families curriculum. Classes include:
- Parents in Healthy Family – talks about establishing rules and communication.
- Children in Healthy Family – discussion includes creating a sense of belonging and cooperation.
- Adults Working Together – covers the Relationship Process and time management.
- Change in the Family – talks about change and stress.
- Resolving Family Problems – includes knowing when to seek help and creating a plan to resolving problems.
- Passing on Your Values to Your Children
Classes are Tuesdays at 10 am in the CJHS Family Center. Call 928.674.9442 for more information.
C) Have internet and want to know your child’s most current grades? Get instant grade and attendance alerts on your phone? We have the ultimate solution for you – PowerSchool!
- Email your request for a PowerSchool logon to firstname.lastname@example.org using a personal email address (this address will be used for contact), list your child(ren) name, grade and school. List your relation to them.
- Once your email is received, you will receive a PowerSchool log in and password to access your child’s grades and attendance. You will also have the capability of emailing your child’s teacher directly from the PowerSchool page.
- If you have a PowerParent access already, feel free to download the PowerSchool App.
JOIN US FOR AN EVENING OF SHOWCASING STUDENT TALENT AT THE: